ECONOMY. Singapore is the most advanced economy among Southeast Asian countries with per capita GDP of US $ 25,207 in 2004 which is comparable to many advanced economies in the European Union. Singapore does not have natural resources but is a regional center for international trade, shipping and air transportation. Many US multinational companies, Europe and Japan have established Singapore as a regional office for their business operations.

Singapore GDP grew an average of 2.7% per year from 2000 to 2004 reaching US $ 106.9 billion in 2004 while inflation remained below 2.0%. Although the economy of Singapore is the most advanced among Southeast Asian countries, unemployment increased from 1.8% during the 1997 Asian economic crisis to 5.3% in 2004. To diversify and expand the country’s economy, the government is developing Singapore to the center Finance for financial and high technology.

The service sector contributed 66.2% of Singapore GDP in 2004 while the manufacturing sector contributed 33.7%. Agriculture plays a minimal role in the economy of Singapore and only contributes 0.1% of the country’s GDP. The main industries in Singapore include electronics, chemicals, financial services, petroleum purification, food processing, ship repair, offshore platform construction, biotechnology and trade entrepot.

Demographics. Singapore population of 4.2 million in 2004 was mostly Chinese accounting for 77% of the population. Other ethnic communities include Malay (14%) and India (8%). Prepared major religions include Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Christianity and Islam. Chinese people are generally agnostic, Buddhist, Tao or following the Christian faith while Malay most Muslims and India are generally Hindus, Christians or Muslims. The main language used is English (spoken widely and used in business and by the government), China (especially Mandarin and Hokkien), Malay and Tamil.
Singapore is a city country and therefore almost all residents live in urban communities. Most Singaporeans live in high-rise apartments or flats because of almost 90% of households while the remaining 10% live in the landing property.

Singapore consumers have high disposable income levels compared to consumers in other Southeast Asian countries. High-income households accounted for almost 27% of total households while middle-income households reached 32%. Low income household I.e. Income from US $ 1,900 per month accounts for 41% of the total household.

INFRASTRUCTURE. Domestic and international telecommunications services are very good and one of the best in the region. Internet Broadband services are efficient and widely available. The Singapore road system is managed efficiently and cities are well served by public gửi hàng đi singapore transportation systems. Singapore has managed the port and airport managed efficiently used as a regional hub by many sea and air operators.

INTERNATIONAL TRADE. Singapore has one of the busiest ports in the world and a regional hub for entrepot trade. Singapore’s main trading partner is Malaysia, USA, Hong Kong, China, Japan, Taiwan, Thailand and South Korea. Many items imported from and exported to Malaysia and Indonesia are export back from other countries. The main export of Singapore includes electrical and electronic products, machinery and equipment, processed food, consumer goods, chemicals and mineral fuels. Main imports include machinery and equipment, mineral fuels, chemicals and food.

Use of consumer technology. More than 90% of all houses have cellphones that put the country on par with Sweden, Norway, Austria and Norway. Almost all houses have at least a fixed telephone, television and refrigerator. Computer penetration is also high with 70% of all houses that have computers and there are nearly 2.5 million internet users for a 4.3 million population. Furthermore, there are more than 2.5 million credit cards in established county and online payments. Howeveve.

Categories: Business