When it comes to a nose job, you will not see the results right away. You need to give yourself time to recover. Your doctor will give you follow-up instructions at home. However, some tips will help you accelerate the recovery time of your nose job.
Best nose jobs – Take rest
Even the best nose jobs need time to give you the desired effects. Rest is the key here. Note, you have just undergone surgery, and you do not want to do anything to mess it up. When it comes to the average recovery timeline for rhinoplasty, it is one year. The timeline roughly goes as follows-
- One week- The splint from the nose is removed. You can go out. However, there will be some signs of bruising that will roughly take some weeks to disappear.
- Two weeks- The bruising disappears as well as facial swelling
- Three to four weeks- you can return to cardiovascular exercises like cycling, swimming, and jogging.
- Six weeks- the bones become stable by now, and you can start weight lifting and wear glasses
- Three to six months- The abnormal sensation and numbness in the region should disappear
- One year- the healing process is over, and the shape of your nose is completely refined.
Tips to accelerate the healing process of your nose job
The following are the tips to accelerate the healing process of your nose job-
- Use a cold compress- Right after the surgery, in the first three days or so, use a cold compress to reduce the swelling. You just need to be careful that the cold compress you use is not directly applied to your nose. Instead, place it on your cheeks so that you do not shift the bones or the cartilage of the nose accidentally.
- Sleep with your head elevated- If you sleep on your side after a nose job, it will not only be uncomfortable but induce swelling and bruising as well. You should sleep in an elevated position. Place your head on two to three pillows, or you can sleep on a recliner instead.
- Eat a balanced diet- You might wonder as to what does a balanced diet does when it comes to a nose job? It gives you the essential nutrients you need for a fast recovery. Remember, your body is healing, and you should provide it with a lot of protein-rich food to re-build the tissue operated on in your nose. You should include lots of nuts, meat, fish, yogurt, and eggs in your diet. They help in repairing the tissue, blood, and cartilage in the body.
After the best nose jobs, as mentioned above, one needs plenty of rest. You should take leave from work and stay at home. Most important, you should follow the instructions of your doctor carefully. Make sure you get at least 8 hours of sleep every day. This will help your body to heal faster. Last but not least, do not make the mistake of blowing your nose. There might be some congestion in the nose; however, refrain from the urge to blow your nose. Consult your doctor in this case for advice or medication.